The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

YA Insider

Monday, April 18, 2016

My Crazy Alphabet Musings: B is for Beta

Eva Gordon's Crazy Alphabet (B)

B is for Beta 



In wolf packs the beta is second in hierarchy after the alpha. If the alpha dies, the beta will take over and often mate with the alpha female. In my books, the beta is second in hierarchy as well, but doesn't necessarily take over if the alpha dies. In my stories it's more of a born-into-your status sort of thing. Learn more about alphas and betas in my books. Here

B is also for beta reader. A beta is pre-reader who reads an author's novel and points out issues with the plot, grammar or inconsistencies, or more depending on what stage of the manuscript the author is on. I love my beta readers! In my case, the betas read my book after editing and proofing. they make sure my critique partner, editor and proofer didn't miss anything. Quality control crew. 


No comments: