The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

YA Insider

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Biology and Natural History and Lore of the European Wolf (A Guide for Writers)

*****March 2012 Class*****

 
The Biology and Natural History and Lore of the European Wolf (A Guide for Writers)
Class takes place: March 5th-18th, 2012
Cost: $5 BDRWA members/ $20 non-members
The Biology and Natural History and Lore of the European Wolf (A Guide for Writers)
Instructor: Eva Gordon
Class Info:
My intension is to give you enough background in wolf biology and lore to aid you in writing good strong wolf scenes or even create a werewolf inspired from all the global legends. I will start with basic wolf biology, taxonomy and behavior. I then will discuss wolf lore (European) and how the wolf went from admired archetype to savage evil nemesis. I will break up the lessons into 3 parts. Every 2 days or so I will add the next lesson. Hold your questions until I have covered the specific lesson.
Lessons
1.Introduction and Natural History and basic Biology.
2.Wolf Behavior
3.Wolf Lore in Europe and Central Asia
A.Wolf as totem
B.Wolf as enemy of man
C.Interview with a famous lycan.
Instructor Bio:
Eva Gordon, BA Zoology, MA Biology, California Secondary Teaching Credential in the Life Sciences. I also volunteer as a wildlife educator and have volunteered at the Howling Acres Wolf Sanctuary in Southern Oregon. I am an author of paranormal romance, fantasy and currently am working on a steampunk series. My paranormal romance series, the Wolf Maiden Chronicles was inspired by the wolf. My e-mail is evagordon@ravenauthor.com and my URL is www.ravenauthor.com
blog: http://evagordon.blogspot.com

If you wish to take my class, here is the link: http://www.bdrwa.com/black_diamonds_chapter_of/online-classes-1.html

No comments: