Sunday, January 31, 2010
Book Club Discussion Questions for Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf By Eva Gordon
Welcome to my Book Club Discussion about Beast Warrior : Viking Werewolf. Come in anytime during the month and post a comment. You can answer or discuss any of the questions that catch your interest or all. Comment on others comments as well. No spoilers for those who have not read the novel. This is my first blog book club so I'm leaving it open ended. So grab a flagon of mead and sit by the campfire.
1. What do you imagine the world was like during the Dark Ages?
2. How would your life be inconvenienced by living during the Viking Era of 840 AD?
3. In the lycan society, describe each: alpha male, alpha female, beta pack member, and human wolf maiden or ulf hexen.
4. What is the role of the Lupercal?
5. Do you think the disease rabies helped develop the idea of savage wolves or even werewolves?
6. Differentiate between the Norse werewolves or wolfskins with bearskins.
7. How do the Norse werewolves fit in with Norse mythology?
8. What do you know about Viking berserkers? Does this fit in with the concepts in the novel’s fantasy about wolfskins and bearskins?
9. Who are the mentors in this novel? Explain.
10. What are some cultural differences between the Southern Lycans and the Northern Wolfskins?
11. Do the hero and heroine have an inner code of ethics?
12. Do you think Emelisse and Sigurd are true life mates despite their differences?
13. Do you think that within the ‘werewolf’ culture women are treated better than in human culture? Think Dark Ages.
14. After reading Beast Warrior: Viking Werewolf would you describe as paranormal romance, a historical and or a fantasy novel? What do you think of cross genre novels?
15. What music would be good background music for this book? Here is a video of the awesome group Dragon Ritual Drummers. I would love to hire them to work on my sound track. Perfect atmospheric music for Beast Warrior.
16. If it was a movie who should play Sigurd and Emelisse. Or other characters?